Monday, January 19, 2009

Reality

Reality Construction is how we perceive reality and why we perceive it that way.
Reality for a homeless person is much different than for me. I get mad when I don't get what I want, when they aren't getting what they need. I worry about keeping the house I bought, they worry about where to sleep or if they will at all.
Reality for those in third world countries is different. I worry about which restaurant to dine at, they worry about whether their water is going to kill their kids. I think listening to and experiencing the view points of others is paramount to altering a false reality in yourself.

Right is right and wrong is wrong, however our interpretations of these things can differ. God being all knowing is capable of defining the absolute truth, we are able to decipher through God's Word and Spirit the best we can what He wants from us, but we differ on these issues because none of us are perfect. Stealing is wrong. Would you steal electricity if it kept your family off the streets? Suicide is wrong. Would you volunteer your life for a friends, or maybe an enemy's? Neither of these questions are easy to answer and depending one your way of thinking, your upbringing, your social class, and even your race, our answers may be different. We have to be careful when we think only in black and white because very often we forget to listen to others and interject our opinions as being gospel truth, when they sometimes are not. I have learned so much over the past 11 years of being a Christian, one of the biggest things I have learned about myself is that I can't trust myself or my way of thinking. I have different beliefs now than I did when I first recognized God in my life, it comes with maturity. However God has systematically broken down what I thought I knew to show me errors in my thinking very often lately. I am learning to stop the arguing and start listening to how others perceive things. I don't have to agree with them, but at least I made an attempt to understand.






Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

4 comments:

  1. I guess it is all perception! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy fantastic words that resonate where I am on the journey...... I like your stuff too ..... so how did a guy from Michigan (I think thats where your from?) come across a guy from Belfast?! Im always fascinated about how God's people are brought together

    Cheers

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...I've been realizing that just because I'm convicted in a certain area, doesn't mean others necessarily will be. Legalism so easily creeps its way in and can mask what God is actually saying.

    ReplyDelete