Monday, January 5, 2009

Jesus Will Dance While I Drink His Wine

Lyrics to Jesus by Page France

I will sing a song to you
And you will shake the ground for me
And the birds and bees and old fruit trees
Will spit out songs like gushing streams
And Jesus will come through the ground so dirty
With worms in his hair and a hand so sturdy
To call us his magic we call him worthy
Jesus came up through the ground so dirty
I will sing a song for to you
And you will stomp your feet for me
And the bears and bees and banana trees
Will play kazoos and tambourines
And Jesus will dance while we drink his wine
With soldiers and thieves and a sword in his side
And we will be joy and we will be right
Jesus will dance while we drink his wine
Jesus will come through the ground so dirty
With worms in his hair and a hand so sturdy
To call us his magic we call him worthy
Jesus came up through the ground so dirty
Jesus came up through the ground so dirty
Jesus came up through the ground so dirty
Jesus came up through the ground so dirty



Isn't this exactly how you hope it will be? Jesus will dance while I drink his wine.
I think it is way to easy to forget that there is an ending to this story that is so amazing no artist or filmmaker could even comprehend it. All of the tears, all of the hurt, and disappointment gone in an instant, never to return again. For me this is really exciting because with depression problems, I can wake up one day with all of the pain and anger and frustration gone, but it will only return again. The day, we finally see rest is The Great Day. I am tired of working so hard for everything to rust. I am tired of trying so hard, but failing anyway. I am tired of sinning constantly. I'm just tired. But hearing things like this song makes me happy and hopeful. Look it up on itunes or whatever and buy the whole cd. You will like it.




Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

3 comments:

  1. As you know, we are all in a sinking ship. It sucks to know this, but it is the truth. Thankfully, you have been thrown a lifeline or certainty. Don't think for a second that the Holy Spirit isn't working in and through you. Obviously God has done his work. Don't worry about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E told me the other day while driving that she couldn't wait to die because then she'd be with Jesus and she would be able to fly. It made me kind of sad, but she's got it. We have such hope in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great song...

    I sit here today, while my dad is laying in ICU basically dying. For the past few weeks, God has given me so much comfort and peace. But today it is raining, and I am sad.

    I needed a little encouragement...so thanks.

    ReplyDelete