Monday, November 10, 2008

Wilderness



My biggest hope is that this is not the way I go out. Laying there posing dead for a picture with two cow poke yokels standing over me grinning. I am not an anti-hunter, however, why would you want to kill a Grizzly Bear. Really. As a Grizzly Bear, I am appalled, as a human, I am pissed. I feel like the Caveman in the Geicko commercials. I do see the beauty in being there though. Not so much with the dead bear, but out in the woods hunting. I am planning a trip to Upper Canada in February with some friends to go winter camping. I can't wait. The website has a moose on the front page. I would love to see a moose in the wild. I want to get out of here for a minute and collect my thoughts, regroup. My life has been so busy that I feel like I can't breathe most days with stress and dread for the next day coming. It will be nice to go sleep outside in the cold and explore the wilderness.

Everyone needs a time in the wilderness I think. Jesus went to be tempted. To show the people and maybe himself at least on an experiential basis that we need God more than food, more than water, more than air. He threw off all He did not need, which was everything and submitted himself to His Father's Creation and the temptations of the evil one. I want that. I could do without the temptations, but need the wilderness. It is true that through suffering, we grow closer to Jesus. When we fast, our hunger and prayer brings us closer to Christ. When we sacrifice, we share in the sacrifice God made for us. When we dance, we dance for Christ without boundaries and inhibitions like David did. We become undignified and do not care, because of Christ. Living in constant chaos sometimes clouds my vision of Jesus and I need the wilderness to give me clarity, to remind me why I dance, and draw me to become even more undignified with every day.


For the poachers in the above picture. I will leave you with a warning below.










™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

9 comments:

  1. The picture is cool for the people who killed the bear. I am not sure why they want other people to see it. We are not even their friends. I really can't stand people who are so concerned with animals. My sister shovels cat poop every weekend for free. She won't visit my mom, but she shovels cat crap for some store or something. I don't get it. The picture is a bit strange. I wish they would keep thier personal pics to thierselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am against hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It will be nice to go sleep outside in the cold"

    Are you nuts? I get the hunch that you and your friends out in the woods in the middle of February will end up turning into splitting a hotel room, and at least one of you in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like that top picture..

    I am also not "against" hunting, but I don't have to like it, right?

    I would like to see those hunters try and take down a grizzly without the guns. I dare them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased a 12 gauge shotgun. my death count is 4 chipmunks and a pop can! a grizzley however would be intimadating because that first shot would have to be dead on. The wilderness however is a place where people go to eat or be eaten. I think the reason why people go to the wilderness to find God is because God is wild. When you go out huntin for God it's probably like coming face to face with a grizzley.
    It will scare the hell out of you!
    jim- good blog son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey check out Margot and the Nuclear So and So's specifically the song Broad Ripple is Burning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I have a couple of their cds. I like Skeleton Key a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just don't end up in the cold woods clinging to some other dude for body warmth why you wait for the helicopters to find you ... that would be ungrizzlyish (yes it is a word)

    ReplyDelete