Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Nap

I wish I had a horse so I could ride it on the freeway in the fast lane holding up everyone from getting to where they want to go. It would be funny to hear a car horn honk at a horse. Or the horse takes a crap on someones windshield. Travel is kinda creepy though right? Imagine the coronary our forefathers would have if they were dug up and revived and rode in a car or on the subway. Not to even mention a plane, because I have a coronary ow on those. It isn't that I am afraid of crashing so much as I am afraid of crashing and surviving in the ocean and having to tread knowing there are sharks underneath scoping out the dead bodies. Nothing worse than being eaten by a shark. Nothing at all. So I avoid planes altogether. I think that if God had intended me to fly, I would do so without a man made contraption that breaks down. I know the odds, so don't come at me with that. The problem with the odds argument is that you can get into a car crash and probably you live. Maybe even just a little bumper bender or something. If you hit anything at all in the sky, we all die. They have the ejector seats in jets, why not in planes too? Seriously, where is everyone going all the time? We travel and travel and get nowhere. Sit down already. Take a breather. Take a nap. How good does a nap sound right now? Do it. Take one. At your desk, in your car, next to heater on the floor. Anywhere. Just lay down and take a nap and let the world deal without you for a while. I give you my permission.

7 comments:

  1. I am so taking a nap right now. Naps are fabulous.... so is your new bloggy background. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am taking you up on that offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the same opinion you do about travel, but this is where I am coming from:

    Lets jump a plane to Orlando and take a nap in the shade of DisneyWorlds Castle. Man that sounds good. (Can you tell I still have not gotten over my trip to Orlando - Man I really need to let go) :)

    I need a nap

    ReplyDelete
  4. eaten by a shark is the worse thing that can happen to you? What about being on fire? That would be pretty bad. One of these sick perverts we read about or see on the news stealing my kids is the absolute worst thing that could happen to me. Actually if given a choice, I'd take the plane crash and shark bait option. So, next time you're in a plain about to crash in the Atlantic, you can now think "hey, i'm getting off easy, this could be a lot worse"!

    Also, you can punch sharks and fight them off.

    Oh, another interesting side note to a plane crash (and no, I didn't get the idea off Bugs Bunny.) If above land, wait until the last second before impact and then just step off the plane. It's not only that simple, it's science.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eaten by a shark is the worse thing that can happen to you? What about being on fire? That would be pretty bad. One of these sick perverts we read about or see on the news stealing my kids is the absolute worst thing that could happen to me. Actually if given a choice, I'd take the plane crash and shark bait option. So, next time you're in a plain about to crash in the Atlantic, you can now think "hey, i'm getting off easy, this could be a lot worse"!

    Also, you can punch sharks and fight them off.

    Oh, another interesting side note to a plane crash (and no, I didn't get the idea off Bugs Bunny.) If above land, wait until the last second before impact and then just step off the plane. It's not only that simple, it's science.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am DEATHLY, DEATHLY afraid of sharks. I am convinced everytime I am in the ocean one will eat me.

    Okay, I am going to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was thinking about being shark bait just the other day. funny that you mention it.

    ReplyDelete