Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let's Play Pretend

I think I missed the milestone you reach when you stop pretending and making up fake scenarios in your head about things. I live as if there were someone watching, I know God is, but I mean I live shallowy (if that is a word) like as if someone is watching. I make sure I am always dressed at home and in the car, I imagine being watched. I think there is a fine line between imagination and schizophrenia here. I will make up scenarios and they are usually scenarios involving the worst things, like if I died or my whole family died. It is weird, and sometimes I fake crying in the mirror to see what I would look like if I lost it. I play video game football and in the dynasty mode, I actually have a commentary on the games running in my head and it last well into the night after have put down the controller and go to bed, I call this time the post game, where I field questions and take criticisms from the fake media. I have fake arguments with those that oppose me, and get to say all of the things Jesus would disprove of, which is a lot. What kinds of things do you pretend?

8 comments:

  1. I always have fake arguments in my head. Sometimes my lips move and you ask me who I am talking to. I am 9 out of 10 times saying thing that Jesus would not approve of. (Do I need to apologize for that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody pretend to be normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to pretend I am cool. That is incredibly hard when I am driving my 15 passenger van around. I look like a total loser. Any thoughts on how I could look cool while driving it?

    I also pretend that I know about things that I have no clue about. Example politics. I often pretend I know a whole lot about them. The truth is I am clueless.

    I also pretend to write fake letters/e-mails to people who have offended me. I compose them over and over in my head until it is just right. I never actually put it down on paper though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should put thicker rims on the van and lower it to the ground and add hydraulics. Fun for the kids, fun for the mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura... you are a GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes pretend to be a ...gasp .... rockstar.

    You know like in the 5th grade when my parents asked me what instrument I wanted ... I told them drums or a guitar .... I got a friggin' trumpet. Taps anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I always walk around my house in my tighty whities ... and when does anyone drive in the nude? I think driving with clothes makes you fairly normal, no?

    ReplyDelete