Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Door

Last Sunday, my pastor was teaching on how deeply our God loves us and how we are worth many sparrows. While teaching he transitioned into a Gospel presentation in which he made it clear that you can knock on God's door, but you have to trust Him to open it. We can't earn salvation and try to open that door ourselves, we need Christ.

Occurred to me that sitting here in this hell I have been in for the last month isn't helping. Obviously. But I am trying so hard to solve what happened. I spent the first couple of weeks needing to know every detail and investigate the whole situation. Then spent the rest of the time trying to grieve in the way that is most acceptable for everyone else. I am angry. I am sad. I miss my friend so much. I am guilty. I am punishing myself.

I think the door analogy applies in everything you should be allowing Jesus to do. Not one thing I have done to try to heal has worked, not one. But every time God intervenes and has shown me He was there and loves me has spoken volumes into my heart.

Let it just be what it is. Trust Christ to open the door. No matter the situation or the severity. Do what you can do, and let Christ open that door. I have been fumbling with this broken door knob for too long.

God has spoken to me through so many people, lately Will's mother, who is shining as Christ works in and through her. I am proud of her. And I know her mother would be too.

So now....what do I do.
Knowing is only half the battle.












Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I heard this song and thought of you and Laura. Your strength and faith strengthen my faith.

    Thank you.



    I Didn't Know My Own Strength
    Whitney Houston

    "Lost touch with my soul
    I had no where to turn
    I had no where to go
    Lost sight of my dream,
    Thought it would be the end of me
    I thought I’d never make it through
    I had no hope to hold on to,
    I thought I would break

    I didn’t know my own strength
    And I crashed down, and I tumbled
    But I did not crumble
    I got through all the pain
    I didn’t know my own strength
    Survived my darkest hour
    My faith kept me alive
    I picked myself back up
    Hold my head up high
    I was not built to break
    I didn’t know my own strength

    Found hope in my heart,
    I found the light to life
    My way out of the dark
    Found all that I need
    Here inside of me
    I thought I’d never find my way
    I thought I’d never lift that weight
    I thought I would break


    I didn’t know my own strength
    And I crashed down, and I tumbled
    But I did not crumble
    I got through all the pain
    I didn’t know my own strength
    Survived my darkest hour
    My faith kept me alive
    I picked myself back up
    Hold my head up high
    I was not built to break
    I didn’t know my own strength

    There were so many times I
    Wondered how I’d get through the night
    Thought I took all I could take

    I didn’t know my own strength
    And I crashed down, and I tumbled
    But I did not crumble
    I got through all the pain
    I didn’t know my own strength
    Survived my darkest hour
    My faith kept me alive
    I picked myself back up
    Hold my head up high
    I was not built to break
    I didn’t know my own strength "







    "You have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you."

    John 16:22


    Praying for you, Laura and Will's family. God Bless and keep all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to do anything. Or be anything. That is the beauty of it all. Just be where you are and let Him do the rest.

    ReplyDelete