Monday, March 23, 2009

Renaissance

This is my renaissance, this is my one response, this is the way I say, I love you...Matt Kearney

Missed the last train home. Birds pass by to tell me that I'm not alone...Rogue Wave

My sentiments exactly. I like it when a song can word something you feel or are going through in just the right way that you could have written it if you only had the literary prowess to do so eloquently. This is what I have been pushed into lately, a kind of renaissance in which my thinking and lifestyle has been challenged and proven to have gaping holes in it. But the cool thing about holes, is that through the holes, the light is exposed. We may have been beaten and dragged down, we may have seemingly missed the last train home, but those holes that are exposed allow us to see the mercy, love, and compassion of Jesus transforming our minds. We are not alone in our helplessness, or in our ability to mess things up. Our God is right here, sending the birds to remind us we are not alone in this.

Consider the illustrations of birds used in the Bible, some examples?

Matt. 13:32 Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches.”

Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

Gen. 8:11 When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth. 12 He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him.


Birds as an example of the thriving believer, living in the fullness of Christ, giving rest to others.

Birds as a reason to be assured that Jesus is taking care of you.

Birds as a means to an end of suffering.

Our God is good.






Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

2 comments:

  1. I just found out tonight that the guy in my French class is a winner of international awards for taking pictures of birds. It is so funny. I laugh every time he asks for bird vocabulary so he can tell people about birds in French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange....I was driving in the rain yesterday, thinking of all the things I have to get done. I look over and there are two little birds pecking the ground,busily looking for food. I wondered how it would feel to be so carefree. Free from material needs and selfish wants. Who knows, maybe the sparrow is terribly stressed, maybe his wife is at home sitting on an egg squacking at him to bring home bigger worms today. I have no idea, but he looked happy even in the rain.

    ReplyDelete