Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Future



I love technology
Not as much as you, you see
But still, I love technology


Technology has come a very long way in the last 10 to 15 years. It is weird, they were still trying to perfect the wheel from the beginning to the late 1800's, then all of the sudden, internet, space travel, smart phones, satellites, and wireless internet. This last one amazes me because if you think about it, there are millions of pages of information floating right in front of your face at all times in a WIFI zone. Just floating there waiting for you to access them. Fax machines also amaze me. A picture travels across wires all the way across the country in seconds recreates itself, then makes an identical copy for the recipient.

When Laura and I first got an apartment after we got married, well kinda after, Burkalator was her roommate until we were able to engage in the roughhousing without sin. But I used to have a little office inside of Laura's walk in closet in her bedroom. It was here I would work all day long, in a closet. No internet, until we discovered Netzero, when it was still free, but that took a million minutes to load pages and dialed 15 phone numbers to connect. I had a hundred reference books because information had to be accessed the hard way, by actually reading in context about a subject, instead of the easy way of cherry picking the internet for it.

Now it is different. I can write, or surf the web from anywhere with my phone, my laptop, or telepathy. What will the next 10 to 15 years bring us?



Please give me your predictions.









Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

6 comments:

  1. It is awesome! I love tech. but I can't use most of it. I'll get better. You know it takes longer for people from the hills to do those sorts of things. LOL!! Oh wait, I'm not from the hills. Shut it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teleportation.

    This way, it doesn't matter where I live. Or lightning fast travel methods. That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. an new incredible edible form of tofu. "tofu" that takes the exact taste AND TEXTURE of ANY food you could want. you will be able to enjoy any food your heart desires without the blubber butt or the heart attack. this "tofu" like food will be lab created of course. most likely it will cause cancer, but we won't know it until at least 50 years later. then when we do know that it causes cancer, we will be hooked. there will be no going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 years ago life was a lot simpler. So I suspect it will be even more complicated. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete