Monday, March 2, 2009

His Yoke Makes Scramby Eggs!

"Take up your cross and follow me."

"My yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


It has been difficult for me to reconcile these two teachings and learn to live in both realities. Taking up your cross, signifies suffering and death. My yoke is easy, signifies a rewarding and happy life. I think too many people like to take the latter and leave the former to Jesus. Christ was never saying that it is easy to follow Him, He says the contrary, but he does promise happiness and joy. If a person, especially a Christian appears to have it all figured out, than it only appears that way. Our faith should be a fight, a race that takes real physical, and spiritual punishment to finish and no one finishes first, or everyone does. Depends on your outlook on life. It sometimes is so taxing to live in a pagan world trying to follow the Divine in all aspects of your life. I guess that is why Jesus said "Blessed are those who have not seen me, but still believe." Because He knew just how hard it was to follow Him, but knew how rewarding it would be for us when we do. God does not put the burden of sin on us, He lifts it, the trick is to learn not to put the burden back on us in our own minds.







Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

3 comments: