Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When Flowers Die

Today a flower died. I never saw her, never met her, only heard about her and saw her heart in her husband. Darren, your faith teaches me how to be a better man, a better husband, a better father, and most of all a better Christian. My prayers will not cease, but be redirected to your comfort and healing and courage. I will pray daily for Olivia. I know you only for this blog, but we are connected in the family of God and for my wife and I today, we mourn too, with you. May God bless you and keep you safe delivering courage when you are scared, comfort when you are hurting, and carry you through these rough days.

6 comments:

  1. I, too, have been praying diligently for Misty's healing on this earth. We are, afterall, family in Christ and it does my heart good to see those who have never met band together in prayer for one another and to lift each other up. Still praying that God might raise her from the dead. Your description of the flower and what you have said in this post is beautiful. It blessed me. I know it will bless Darren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I add this to my link list for Darren?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I confess... I already added it to the list without your permission. But since I DID nominate your blog... I figure now I have props from you and you wouldn't mind so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel free to add me anywhere, no one needs to ask me. Thanks for the nomination by the way. It came at a pretty nasty moment and made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve it. Your blog is great and you have a true gift for writing.

    ReplyDelete