Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Aging Cheese

60's

70's

80's

90's

Present


This is from a fun website called Yearbookyourself.com. I was playing around with it and came up with these funny pictures that reveal what I would have looked like in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I had fun with it, but it leads me to the question. At what age do people stop changing with the styles? I have a theory that people remain the way they are when they graduate high school. Maybe because there is less pressure to be cool, or because we mature and realize the futility of trying to remain cool. Except us youth pastors who look just like any other student except for with less hair. Not me though I have a beautiful Quoff, but most of my youth pastor friends have that back of the head bald spot going on. I try to remain, but I think that as you get older, you look more and more foolish trying to look younger and at some point we have to decide to go ahead and stop resisting and fall into a fashionable redundancy hoping to take on the sophisticated aged appearance everyone talks about. I was reading in Men's Health that there are sign posts that tell a man when to hang certain things up. At 30, no more print shirts or band t-shirts. At 28, no more holes in the jeans. At 23, no more cartoons. At 19, no more going to the mall to hang out. Well, I want to do all of these things still. Does that make me lame. Anyway, go do the website thing and have fun, send me the pictures, I want to see them.

4 comments:

  1. watching cartoons all the way until 23 ????!!!! wow...

    those pictures are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are hilarious.

    I like lame.

    Lame is the new cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice quoff! the 90's quoff is the best by far. so good that you should do it in real life. you would be lame and after all, lame is the new cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more cartoons at 23! Mate I must be in time warp - cartoons are awesome.

    ReplyDelete