Friday, August 1, 2008

Abstract Vs. Analytical

I will ask for some participation now. Do you think abstractly or analytically? Most can do both on some level, but I am talking about how we mostly use our brains. I think mostly abstractly, I will see something, see some potential, get a grand vision, then botch it all up trying to get it done. The problem with thinking abstractly all the time is that you are a dreamer that can't really get things done to an acceptable degree of satisfaction with the product. The problem with thinking analytically is that many times we don't see the big picture or the beauty in the work to get there. Neither schools alone can get the job done, but when put together, they do amazing things. Look at the disciples of Jesus. Fisherman, and doctors, revolutionaries, and tax collectors. Jesus chose both kinds of people and I think it was to balance each other out. One came up with the idea, the other new how to get it done. Neither more important than the other, but essential to the job. One of my friends, his name is Harry, (Not his actual name, but to keep his identity safe, I have gone with who I think he looks like, which is Harry Potter) he told me that I go about the most difficult way of getting everything done, he is of course an analytical teacher who is very practical minded. The room all laughed because they all knew that. I am trying to lead with no idea how to get things done, I guess that is why God sends people like Harry to help me out. There are frustrations and beauties in being the way I am. But I love needed others, and I hate it. I hate asking because of my insecurities that I am bothering someone, but I love working side by side with people that think totally differently than me. I think that is how God intended it to be though. People clash because they don't understand each other, but God tells us in His Word to put up with each other, showing grace and mercy. I am one that makes a lot of mistakes, and needs a lot of grace and mercy. As an example, I refuse to proof read these posts for errors, so my loving wife comes home form work and goes back in and fixes the mistakes because I am too careless and maybe lazy to do so. Tell me how you think.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely, and I think sometimes to my detriment, analytical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also more abstract. i've pictured myself doing many great things but can't do the little things to get there. i can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOME ASSHOLE SAID THAT I PUT THE ABOVE COMMENT. JUST SO U KNOW, I DIDN'T PUT IT! CAN U SAY JUSTIN???

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont' get up at 6am

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray Z, there is more than 1 Ray in this world. The Ray, you were referring to is from Australia, and you would have known that if you had clicked on his name.

    ReplyDelete