Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Roadside Diners in Toronto.

Just got back from Toronto. Had a great time with my family. We were there for the Scottish sides surprise birthday party. People fell down, others were pushed into the pool, lots of use of the word shite. It was a recipe for a good time. I did some writing there and it occurred to me that I have never really shared anything I have worked on with the blogosphere, so I made a new blog. http://thingsthatarentworthreading.blogspot.com/

Here will be a collection of different works, mostly scripts and song lyrics and maybe some MP3's. I will be starting with a full length movie script I wrote 2 years ago and am almost finished filming. I will be posting about 4 pages at a time so that the reading burden will be light. Please comment and let me know what you think. The script jumps through different time periods in one persons life on his journey from birth to a suicide attempt. This script is his letter. Kind of disturbing and morbid at times, but I think you will like it.
So anyway, we left on Friday for Toronto and along the way, we went to this roadside diner, which is one of our things, we go to them almost whenever we see one. Went went in and stepped into another planet or something where we were definitely not welcome. I think we looked the same as everyone else, I didn't notice any boogers hanging out of our noses, because I did check, but everyone was staring at us. Not the kind where you get a glimpse of people looking in your direction, but full out turning around in their chairs and piercing us with their eyes staring. It was weird. Then we sat, and sat, and sat and no waitress. People who came in after us were waited on and it occurred to us that a couple came in later, sat down, and were waited on and were eating before we finally asked for a waitress to order. The food was good, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what the heck kind of world we stepped into. Canada is weird. So weird I caught my son playing with a mounty trading card. I get baseball cards, and football, but a mounty card? Anyway, I will speak more of it tomorrow, I must relax now.

1 comment:

  1. Where you wearing a US flag when you walked in? :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the story

    ReplyDelete