Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dysfunctional

My first and favorite Scottish Grandma
I am dysfunctional and I know it. I think that us why God put me with such a stable wife with a generally stable family ;) I was raised in an unstable environment with 2 family members to speak of, my mom and my brother. When I met Laura it was a culture shock for me, I used to spend every dime of my money, and call off work every time I got the itch to breathe fresh air, which was a lot. My wife though was the opposite, she was a picture of faithfulness and responsibility, so that didn't set too well with me because she couldn't understand for good reason why I was living like a nomad. She went to college right out of high school and stuck it out until she was done. I am still in college now because I thought my knowledge as a nomad with street cred would be enough to help me succeed. What I am lacking, God has given me in Laura and what she is lacking God has given her in me, it isn't much but what i do well, I do well...I think. God is good, I am about to go to church now to be with my brothers from other mothers, but we are of the same Father.

2 comments:

  1. that is very beautiful. you guys are lucky to be able to ackwoledge your differences as gifts to each other...very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. i bless God for the work of His perfect hands

    ReplyDelete