Friday, April 18, 2008

All I Need

Today I caught myself beginning to weep at the gym. I was at the cable crossover machine working the triceps and listening to my ipod when I came upon a Phil Wickham song called, "Your Beautiful." The song is about the beauty of God. In the end part their is this bridge then a change. It goes from the beauty of God around us here, now, to the beauty of seeing God's face on the day we stand before Him. It moved me, made me want to dance in the gym. But instead of dancing, I shed a single tear, all the colors of the rainbow. Maybe it was God making me sad that I didn't dance at the gym when I wanted to, maybe I was ashamed and wanted to remain dignified, but I teared instead. Looked around and this old guy was watching, of course. He smiled. I laughed. Then he laughed. My face became flushed. We looked away. It was embarrassing and I think I would have preferred dancing around like David did. But in that moment I could feel what David felt and acted on. The beauty of God that is so intense it makes you NEED to dance. There is also this OneRepublic song and the chorus says, "All I need is the air I breathe and a place to raise my hands." Isn't that all we need? I have been struggling lately to not be such a capitalist pig and realize what I need and what I don't, and that statement puts me back into perspective. All I need is the air I breathe and a place to raise my hands.

On a totally unrelated note. Look at these cards you can get through Etsy.com. They are pretty funny, some of them are a bit disturbing.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Once again... Laughing to myself. The moment with the old guy was priceless!

    Hey man, shed the tears! A real man can cry when moved :D I do alot haha!

    Indeed, thats about all we need!

    I can't wait to see the Lord face to face and also to see every knee bent... mmmm what a vision!

    God bless you brother. I hope your weekend is off to an excellent start. I know last weekend was a bummer and not restful. I hope this one is bro!

    Much Love!
    -george-

    ReplyDelete