Saturday, September 11, 2010

Positive


I love my family. I always know this. I always feel it, but some days in some moments, I look around at my wife and kids doing the things they do everyday and just realize like it were some kind of epiphany, that I love them so much.  They are perfect. They are perfect to me because they love me for whatever reason. My son tries to be me. He buys the same clothes as I do and always asks if I like what he likes. My little girls fights with us. She is stubborn just like dad, but at the end of the night, she curls her little body up on my lap and lays her head down on my chest and she is perfect. My wife sits at the end of the couch reading blogs. She is laughing for reasons I don't know, but I suspect one of you have wrote something very funny. I ask her what she is laughing at and she tries to tell me, but many times I zone off to the television and don't remember what she said. My 13 year old loves me in a way she doesn't quite know how to express. But I see it when I am with her. I am a very, very blessed man. God has rained down His love on me.

I pray that tonight or tomorrow or the next day, then the next, you and I will look at our families and the things God has given us for our happiness and be thankful. Really thankful. Take a really long and good look at the positive and beautiful things God has given you and the wrong things will fade away. It doesn't matter what or who you have lost, God has still given you so much. There is always a silver lining if you will forgive my cliche. There really is. My best friend is in Heaven, but I have never been closer to those who remain...my family. I challenge you tonight to look at what you have instead of what or who you have lost. I know for some it isn't easy and this isn't meant to take away from the pain you have to endure, but it is a nice break to re-evaluate what you have.

I have learned in psychiatric nursing to always focus on a person's strengths, not their weaknesses. This is true in a way, but in another it doesn't add up. 2Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” It is in our failures and the things that we hate about ourselves that God's power is made perfect. God is glorified through our strengths and talents, but even more through our downfalls. The things we hate about ourselves, they show the power of God as He works in and through them.

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.










Sing.
Migrate.










To leave a comment, click on the specific blog title and the comment form will be at the bottom of the page.