Friday, March 12, 2010

My Wife

I feel bad for people who don't have a wife like mine.

I caught her staring at me at a wedding of a mutual friend in 1999. I have a sixth sense about people staring at me. When you have so many twitches and quirks, you learn to feel it on your neck. Every time I looked over at her (Obviously I was staring too) she was looking and did the precious look away really fast like he didn't notice thing. I grabbed a camera from the table at the reception hall and turned and took a quick picture of her looking at me. The bride later gave us that picture, but I have no idea where it is. Later, my friend Wes called me over to show me this baby Laura was holding. I reached down and picked it up and apparently, I grazed her boob...so she says. She later came over and asked me if I was going to ask her to dance or what. I guess it is customary to at least dance with the girl you inadvertently felt up at a wedding. We danced all night long, but at the end of the night, I asked her for her number and she hesitated to give it to me. Really. All night we dance and you aren't going to give me your number? She gave it to me and like Jon Favreau from Swingers I called her the next day at like 10 AM. I usually waited a week or so before I would call, but she was different. We went on our first date and we are still dancing now.

There have been so many hard times with me. I realize I come with a lot of baggage and here she is still standing by my side. She lives her vows to me every day and I look up to her so much. She is my wife.











Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

4 comments:

  1. Three cheers for the Lauranator. Three cheers for the man who takes one more step. Three cheers for the One who puts all things together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is incredible! An incredible woman for an incredible man. Perfect. I love you both so much and feel so very blessed to have you both in my life.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are both amazing humans. You fit together like puzzle pieces. God has his hand on both of you, and you have found each other through him. I see your love for each other and I know how blessed you truly are.

    ReplyDelete