Friday, March 26, 2010

Death

I wish I had a sufficient answer to why people we love die. I just went to a viewing of a dear friend's mother. She was way too young.

I think this is why I hate doing funerals. Officiating weddings, I can handle, but funerals are the worst. There really is nothing I can say to a person who has lost a person that breast fed them. That took the time and love to discipline them. That worked their fingers raw to support them. To most people in this world, these people are incidental occurrences, but they mean the world to others. They dominate our memories. I didn't know her well, but I know her family well. So I grieve too. I grieve because I don't know any reason that a person should die. I know that sin has caused death to everything in the garden, but I don't understand why with my heart, only my head.

This life can get pretty crummy.

My friend Melissa sent me this song that reminded her of me. I have been listening all day and it brings me some comfort. It is called "Before The Morning" by Josh Wilson. The first verse says: "Do you wonder why you have to feel the things that hurt you, if there's a God who loves you. Where is He now? Well maybe, there are things you can't see and all those things are happening, to bring a better ending."

I hope that God shines His light into your lives. Lifts you up to His place of Glory, and gives you understanding. You are very special people, raised by really special people.











Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment