Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life After Death

What are your biggest fears and hopes about death?

Lately my small group have been studying the resurrected body of Jesus and it's parallel to our resurrected bodies. While going through this, it was pretty clear that many fear death because of the unknown after-death or after-life however you want to chew it. It can be pretty disheartening to not know what is on the other side of that big black door. You have no choice but to open it and enter through, but the anticipation of it, can be crippling for some people.

This morning I woke up thinking about this life-after-death the Bible talks about. A life that is not separate from your life now, but your life perfected. Your body perfected, but the same body. Much like the New Heaven and earth will be perfected versions of the old one that had passed away. The Bible says, no mind has ever conceived what God has in store for those that at love Him. So why do we still fear?

I don't know.

I do know that if I am able to go anywhere I want at any time, that would be great. I know that being able to stand before my God, face to face and speak to Him is the greatest hope I have. It will be nice to shed this skin for another souped up version. To enjoy life as it was intended to be lived...For eternity.











Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking I'd like heaven to be all the glorious things talked about in the bible, but I think I'd like some normal things too. Like when we are at unity group in your basement talking about God. I'd like that too. Only God can sit in to contribute. That'd be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm really hoping that there is baseball in heaven. one of my fears is that sports won't exist in heaven. a little crazy i know, but i really like playing baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a another way to look at life after death.
    It worked for the people form the Bilbe.
    http://www.whatwasdone.com/Age.php?&Age=-1

    ReplyDelete