Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Present




My friend Patrick drew this for his senior art show when he graduated art school. He made a series of works that depicted people who had been transformed by God in different ways. My beautiful wife bought this one for me for Father's Day which to me is the perfect present. I am honored to be a subject of Patrick's art, and reminded of how wonderful our God is. It also strokes the ego a bit to hang a 20/24 picture of yourself right smack dab in the middle of the living area. Fitting.


The picture is blurry due to my awful camera but in the picture is my beautiful wife, Me, My Son, My daughter, a set of train tacks, a train, the pope statue, the flat I used to live in, some seagulls, Mount Carmel Parish, and scenery surrounding the tracks. Patrick is an amazing artist, maybe I can get him to send me pictures to post of the rest of the series.








Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

6 comments:

  1. Laura is the best. Patrick is the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad Laura was able to get over here and pick it up!!! :)

    Happy Fathers Day, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a cool gift.

    I am sorry I called it weird. It is just such an interesting drawing. Almost like you are looking through someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't took the weird part as complimentary. Do not take it back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he the "Looking through someone" was the point.

    ReplyDelete