Monday, June 15, 2009

Blah Blah Blah Then Some Good Stuff At The End

Today is the first day of vacation! I haven't taken more than a day at a time in years, this whole week should be great. Except the wife is putting me to work during my sabbatical, shouldn't be too bad though. Wednesday we are going with some friends to Kalahari, an indoor water park without the kids, which some would say is the meanest thing ever, but it's our anniversary not theirs.

It has been a bummer since the Red Wings lost to those goons. I have kinda been just moping around. I was invested this year like no other. I believe I saw 76 total games this season and got so jacked when it looked like we were going to win the finals. Then we lost, now I hang my head most days. It's like I got dumped. I am in stage three though...acceptance and tears. I went through the whole anger and denial stages earlier on with the whining about the refs and the disbelief that we actually did lose. Now I accept it and weep and mourn.

Saw my oldest daughter last night. She lives an hour and a half away, so I don't get to see her nearly as much as I want to. She is getting too old too fast. Laura is amazing. She takes a really difficult situation, that most girls would run from and fights through it with me. She keeps me from giving up. She is pretty tenacious. Pretty and tenacious. Thank you!
Thinking about getting out the kilt soon. I haven't worn it in way too long. I asked for a new one for my birthday next year. We will see.









Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

6 comments:

  1. REDWINGS = LITTLE AND BRITTLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame Kenny Holland. He allows and advocates the Redwing star players to get their A$$es kicked game in and game out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. In some ways I get the kilt thing, everything's free and such. In other ways I just don't understand. Even though it is a cultural thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Wings are still the best! Babcock lost that cup by doing line changes every five seconds. he didn't give our team any chance at finding a momentum. i don't get it. he didn't do that during the chicago series, why change the winning formula when you get to the show?!

    didn't help that Hossa was a complete nonfactor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, i need to just let it go. it would be fun to take Stanley back next year.

    ReplyDelete