Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Happens When We die?

Robot 1- Do you still remember when we were little, we were playing in the park... And you asked me what happens when you die? I said, you forget everything...everything.

Robot 2- Even you?

Robot 1- Yes...yes, even me. You did not want to die. Never forget, the remains of what we used to have were taken away with the softest squeeze. How did I forget...How!


I know it is better to be with God than to live. I know that Jesus is everything and we have such limited understanding. I know that Heaven is far better a place than anything here. That being said, I am still scared to die.

Mark 12:25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

God is enough. But I love my family so much. The thought of not holding these kids and this wife in my arms destroys me. I do not presume to know what Heaven is, but I am scared of the unknown eternity that awaits me. I am human. I can't get past the fact that everything I remember will be lost, especially the things that cause me pain. I think about people I love so much that will not accept the reality of Jesus and I worry about them. I don't want to forget about them because God has eliminated pain. I still would feel much better to see just for a minute what it will be like. Not that it would change my desire to be there, but it would make me feel better.




Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

2 comments:

  1. Very honest post. I like it. :)

    I have the same thoughts at times. There are days that I feel very confident of what happens at death, but then there are days that I feel that "sting" of death come back over me.

    I remember the exact place that I realized I would die one day. I was taking a Sociology course in "Death and Dying" in college. The professor asked us to write our own obit and what we wanted on our headstone. When I looked at the paper, the room started spinning and I broke out in cold sweats. I even had a friend in class that leaned over and asked me if I was going to be alright. She told me later that I turned very pale and looked like I was going to faint.

    I feel that my fear comes from not knowing. We have faith, but we don't "KNOW" what it is going to be like. How is it going to feel? Will we know that we are not breathing anymore?

    Death is still the great unknown.

    I'm just glad I don't walk that path alone. There are many people, the most important being Jesus, that have taken that road before me. And if they can do, then I can do it.

    God bless my freind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the sweaty palms and heart palpatations, adam.

    ReplyDelete