Thursday, June 26, 2008

Signs



My wife was driving home from work yesterday and passed this bar. This is my favorite sign ever. What could the story be, it could be a joke, but I would rather believe something crazy like the family went on a vacation to Italy and while there, the children were playing in the park and dad ran off with some hairy woman. Or he was abducted by aliens and had the chance to come home, but chose to stay like in the movie Cocoon when all those old people with wrinkles decided to go in the space ship because it made them young again. I think that is the most likely scenario. The kids miss dad and have to put a sign up to remind him to come home. Or maybe, he has dementia or something and takes walks without anyone noticing and gets lost sometimes, maybe the sign is to show him where home is. Don't know the reason behind it, but i know I like it and am thinking of putting that same sign outside of my house. I think my dad has dementia, he totally forgot that he had sex with my mom. (Laura's Joke) She sits here over my shoulder as I write, spell checking me on the fly and inserting quips and jokes here and there, also censoring my words because of my lack of that filter we talked about earlier. She is sooooooooooooo funny.

3 comments:

  1. Kind of off tangent, but not really ... When my brother in law was a punk teen, there was one of "those" bars ... you know the ones without windows ...

    We would pass it constantly as it was on a busy road and every time we went by he would scream out "Dad is that you?" just so he could watch all the men in the parking lot hit the deck and dive into bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is funny. I considered having a church bake sale outside of one of those places.

    ReplyDelete