Monday, June 9, 2008

7 Years

Today is Laura and I's anniversary. I can't believe it has been 7 years since I married that girl. It seems like it has been only 6 years and 10 months. We had a perfect wedding for those that were not there, which sadly is most of the readers here, though if I could do it over, you all would have been invited. It was perfect outside, the sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot, the dress was beautiful, all of our family and friends were there. There was no drama from anyone, well any serious drama, there was an issue with some dude getting kicked out of the pay bar downstairs but that didn't effect us at all. I remember after we got to the hotel to officially be married, we counted the money to"drunken" called. To wake us up and ask if we were tired. It was funny, so we got up and went out to eat with some friends because it was an early wedding and it was dinner time, we hopped on a plane and flew across the world. Which was an altogether different experience seeing as I am super duper solid gold afraid of airplanes. 7 Hours of sitting through air pockets and an old man barfing in his beard and watching his old wife clean him up. Kind of cool though, because maybe this is a picture of the rest of our lives together, me barfing and Laura cleaning it up in some way or another. We got to Scotland and had the best experience in paradise of our lives. We saw Nessi, we stayed in the Highlands with the wolves who howled outside the bedroom window. We ate horrible food made by the devil himself. We saw every inch of Scotland and stayed in Bed and Breakfasts all over the country, and a couple days with some of Laura's family. We went on ghost tours, and my bad case of diarhea made the whole tour wait as I stepped off into a pub bathroom. Everything closed at 4 PM so we got to bed early, which was nice for me being a newly married man that was previously committed to reborn virginity. I love my wife very much and could not live 3 seconds without her, she is the reason I wake up and the callouses on my hands. She is my first and greatest memory, she is trail of orange hue that follows the sun. She sees me as me and still loves me. She is the reason I write, the reason I sing, the connection I feel to God. God has given all good things, she is the one I deserve the least, yet here she stands 7 short years later. May the ring from her finger reflect the joy we have shared. I love you Laura.





5 comments:

  1. GREAT post.

    Happy Belated Anniversary!

    I love the analogy of the barfing old man.

    How refreshing to actually see a couple truly still in love. It is rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much honey. This really means a lot to me. Not a day goes by that I don't know how much you love me and the kids. I'm so grateful that you chose our Heavenly Father to model your life by. You are more than I could have ever asked for. Happy Anniversary. It feels as if we have just begun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to be honest, this post was like a good movie ... you set the scene, then came the action peril (barfing), then the suspense (Why is this tour bus not moving) and in the end sweet redemption.

    Congratulations on 7 years and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you both! May He lead you through 7 more years and 7 more after that and so on :D

    Great pics! Thanks for sharing brother!

    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary to you and Laura!!

    beautiful pics. thanks for sharing your special moments. it's a blessing to see.

    ReplyDelete