Friday, May 2, 2008

The Greatest Show On Earth

The Shins- New Slang was the song I was listening to the first time I saw him. He was tall, he had white ringlets of hair peeking out the bottom of his Detroit Tigers hat. He was a bit feeble, he was standing right in front of me, but I could see only a silhouette of his profile through curtain less frosted glass as he dropped his pants and sat down on the toilet. World meet pooping guy, the man I have grown to revere. The guy that is a real American hero, as he sits on his throne with no care of who may be watching him or who he may offend by wiping just once. He performs his show 3 times a day free of charge and the world is a better place with him here. We get a clear view of his wrinkled behind from our living room couch that only fits in the living room if we have it facing his way. Directly in front of our kitchen window which of course is directly across from his bathroom window. We don't even have to buy tickets, we have a season pass to the greatest show on earth.

5 comments:

  1. Three times a day. What is he eating? And wiping only once is just wrong. Oddly though, I do feel a sense of admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cool blog. I am going to read your old posts. Thanks for adding me to blogroll.

    ReplyDelete