Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cleaning House

Cleaning house today, dusting off furniture, putting away papers, scrubbing tables, vacuuming the ceiling. For those that are not married, we vacuum the ceiling because our wives are crazy afraid of spiders, so the little pieces of cobwebs must be removed. I know that cleaning the house on a Saturday is neither a hot or sexy way of spending a weekend, but it is something we must do. We need to do it in our homes and we need to do it in ourselves as well, the place that God desires to or does dwell. We carry too much junk around. I look at my life and I cannot believe that God would ever want to live in this ghetto. The floor is teeming with roaches, the dark parts infested with rats. What a great God we have that sacrifices Himself on a daily basis and lives in this filth, but it is always time to clean house, to change, we need change, I need change.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of "My Heart, Christ's Home." If you haven't read it, you can probably find it online.

    ReplyDelete