Monday, April 26, 2010

Amazing God

Something has been stirring at church lately. God is active and alive. I have been praying and concerned over the past couple of years that our little gathering has become stagnant. Lately, God has been moving in powerful ways. I was on the praise team this morning and as I played guitar, I felt compelled to put that instrument down and lift up my hands to Him. I did not because I fear it would have distracted from the Body's worship. I could not play that instrument well or hard enough to equal the joy of lifting my hands and falling face down on the ground to my Savior.

God is so good. I may say a lot of negative things and preach a doctrine of sadness often here, but the truth is that God is amazing. Not the amazing that current culture has defined, but amazing in it's true definition. God makes me stop and stand still. I have no words, only an overwhelmed tremble in the presence of God.














Sing.Migrate.™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

4 comments:

  1. I was right there with you. I know exactly what you mean. It was very good to breathe in the manifest presence of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    You know I often feel that my writing is sad .... but life is SAD... and HARD... but God is still amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete