Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Middle Of The Night

I have always wanted to make something beautiful out of something ugly. I feel like that is what it really means to follow Christ. To do as He did. To make ugly things beautiful. He took a moment when we all would seek revenge and gave Peter the keys to His church, gave him His Bride. The prodigal son came home nasty and stinking of filth and sin and his father embraced every ugly bone on the kids body. I like that God embraces every ugly bone on my body, especially when I have come home filthy with rot. I want to do that too. I will never fully understand my own brokenness but He embraces me broken and slowly repairs. Then I fall in love with my brokenness and He tears me down more so He can rebuild again.

No comments:

Post a Comment