Friday, July 31, 2009

Work

Awake, smell some coffee, go to work, come home, tidy up, laugh with family, get frustrated, watch electronic box, go to bed.
Awake, smell some coffee, go to work, come home, tidy up, laugh with family, get frustrated, watch electronic box, go to bed.
Awake, smell some coffee, go to work, come home, tidy up, laugh with family, get frustrated, watch electronic box, go to bed.

Shout at God!

As if it was his fault.

This is a curse of mankind. Work till our fingers bleed. Work that we sometimes feel no satisfaction in. Work that we do because we need to maintain what we have been given. Work that we feel under-appreciated in. Work that makes us dread going to sleep at night. That makes us constantly yearn for our 2 weeks vacation, if you get that at all. It is a terrible curse, a consequence of original sin. To top it off, we get to get old, get sick, and die too. I don't like it one bit. But this is the consequence of sin.

It is a very good thing that God has given us hope. Don't forget that He has changed you forever, and redeemed you from your sin, although we will still feel it's consequences. Living for God gives us a very good reason to keep going every morning. I often need a reminder of that when things seem bleak for me. I need to be reminded that most of the time, I love my job and have been so blessed by God to be given it. I remember feeling sick the night before because I hated my job so much and didn't want to go. I remember the 21st birthday in which I called my boss in the middle of the night and left a message quitting as a birthday present to myself. I could not have felt more happy, until the rent was due and forced me to have to move back to mom's for a bit.

God is with us, His name is Emmanuel because He wants to be here. Life is easier when we remember we aren't alone.









Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I feel that way.....I wake up and promise that I am working for God and doing his work....it always puts a smile on my face. I wish I would remember to think that way all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and He will make all things new. Working = Dread was part of the original curse. I can't wait to work and want to work because the glory and splendor of the Almighty will be right there with me. Until then, everything as unto the LORD is something I hold on to. For me, it's even harder being alone all the time. I can relate. Great post.

    ReplyDelete