Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fake Terrorists

Music...I have had a hard time writing much of anything new lately. I was speaking to my friend Josh last night and it occurred to me how long it has been since I sat and wrote anything really original, I've written some stuff, some lyrics, some music, but nothing that jumps off the paper like me....me...I am the one that will make you a millionaire. I am of course kidding about the millionaire thing, I don't think I could handle that, money changes people, I have seen it myself and am smart enough to not pray for that. I think my lack of creativity is due to my addiction to an Xbox 360 game called Call Of Duty 4 in which I go and play online against real people and get to pretend they are terrorists and kill them. This blog is about to take an off the subject turn. The thing about video games I think for some people is that they create different identities online playing against other people. They get to escape the reality of who they are, they are not limited to the bias that happens when you are not beautiful looking, they are emboldened to speak however they want, which sucks because the guy with the little guy syndrome begins speaking very foolishly because there are no consequences because in the online gaming world, the little guy rules the show. Did I just say online gaming world? I am a dork. Officially. Anyway, I think that for some it is hurting them because it being easier to have an online relationship and send messages back and forth to each other, leaves them feeling as if they do not need a real relationship where you help a guy move, or hang out as a third wheel, or be a dudes wingman. It is killing real relational skills in people, making them want to be introverted. Makes me think that is all, how many songs could i have written, could I have finally gotten something done on this script I have been working on with a friend, maybe I could have finished the film I have been working on for the last couple of years, but the fake terrorists still fall by my gun everyday and for some reason I love it.

gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment