Monday, February 18, 2008

The Day

Remembering there is a prize to be won is the most vital thing to living your life with some sort of vision or purpose. I forget too often what the future holds for me. I get caught up in church politics, theological debates, people who have left the faith and people who are just being introduced to it. I get caught up in these things and forget what is going to happen to me. I am happy now and focusing of what God has for me today, but too often forget to look to eternity. We are eternal beings, and their is an eternity that is not at all like the existence we sometimes enjoy here. The Bible says no mind has even conceived what God has in store for those that love him. No mind has even conceived of it. That is going to be the day right there. The day that you experience what millions of the smartest people in town haven't even been able to imagine, haven't been able to even touch what God has. What a day. Makes me sad for looking back to the past so much and desiring to revisit things when I have this future that holds every smile I have ever cracked waiting for me. This future that will leave me perfect, both my body and my mind. To be flawless and without sin, to have no need for this body, to look my Creator in the face without the fear I have now of doing so. That day will be fun. That day I hope to spend with everyone I have ever come in contact with. I have lost a lot of people in my life, God has taken them for His reasons, but to step foot into that party and look across the room to see the faces of those that I miss so badly, that I think about every day is the most amazing thought. That is the day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it will be more than amazing! We can only imagine, but it will be SO much more! :) Thanks for posting this, Adam!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete