Friday, December 21, 2007

I Never Asked You For Anything

I never asked you for anything, I never asked you for love, I never asked you to go to the carnival and ride the ride, I never asked you to leave your home, I never asked you to stay, I never asked you to sit through a storm, I never asked you to sail across the sea. I never asked you to count the stars, I never asked you to make me happy, I never asked you to fly rockets, I never asked you to throw garbage cans, I never asked you to talk, I never asked you to be silent, I never asked you to change, I never asked you not to, I never asked you to be sad like me, I never asked you to be happy. So why do you try to take the only thing I have ever needed from you, the reason the moon shines, the twinkle in the stars, the gift that came wrapped in flesh with ten little fingers and ten little toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment