Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Guessing

The other day, I was listening to a sermon from this pastor across the country, and during one of his prayers he asked God to show him the way, to lead us because we are down here just guessing. What he said immediately struck me. This is the way I have felt for so long. So many Christians walk around the world acting as if they have it all figured out, they have everyone in their back pocket and they know what God wants from them. I don't. I never have, I hope I will, but as for now, I have no idea. I am usually going on a whim. I feel a certain way about something and I try to search God's Word for the answers, but in the end I am just guessing. There is a passage in Proverbs that says, in his heart a man plotts his steps, but it is God who sets his feet down. That passage is awesome to me because it gives me assurance that whatever happens to us as we follow Christ, is what God wants to happen to us. We come upon some giant decision that we are really incapable of making on our own, so we guess and in the end, God works it out for our good, even if it immediately hurts. God says He has plans to help us, not to hurt us, so we can be assured that when things happen, good or bad, God has them under control and we can find peace in any situation knowing that we cannot lose. If God be for us, who can be against us right?

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! I don't think I'd want to have it figured out though. Kinda boring that way. I don't know why the world is so obsessed with knowing the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true it stinks of truthiness. Thanks for the input, It is better to not know it all.

    ReplyDelete