Monday, March 9, 2015

Love Just Like Jesus


Religion should never be used as a weapon. Not against gay people. Not against people who have had an abortion. Not against people that can't say no to drugs or alcohol. Religion is for people that understand how badly they need God.

In that case, I need God more than I need food.

It's not a matter of what you think is right or wrong. It's a matter of how you treat the people in front of you.

In the past five years, I've learned some things. People will love you as long as you fit the mold. If I say I love Jesus and am hurting, I'll get maximum support. If I say I'm gay and love Jesus, I'm a liar. If I say I'm an alcoholic and love Jesus, some will have sympathy, but reject God's love for me. This is the religion the world rejects. This is the state of American Christianity.

The question isn't what you do as a human being, it's what rules you have broken. It's the very thing, I believe, that Jesus would turn tables over.

I'm not going to fight over right and wrong. I'm not going to go into Biblical or humanitarian principles. I am only asking you to love everyone as much as you love yourself...just like Jesus did.


Sing.
Migrate.


Thanks for reading...Z