Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Light So Bright

I used to think I was pretty smart. People would say something about my negative attitude and I would blow it off, citing that person as being naive. Negative people simply see the world as it really is. Sometime this is true, I will not claim that we live in a good culture or the goodness of people for that matter. But not everything was as it seemed. When you choose lenses that are foggy, you see distorted images, like when you squint your eyes and the light appears to be lasers shooting at you. Negative people have the tenancy to squint a lot and to point out all the things that are wrong with the world and the Church. We easily give up on people and institutions full of people just like us. We shy away from people who shine too bright because that would throw off our equilibrium and maybe our whole way of thinking. We simply cannot have that.

But when you wake up and realize your entire demeanor has been a load of crap and that everything you thought you knew was distorted and wrong, you are forced to take off the glasses altogether. It is like driving with them on at night, you miss everything. Especially everything God is doing. Maybe if we lost those glasses, we could see the beauty that God is shining in the world. That God said that "In this life there will be troubles, but take heart, I have OVERCOME the world." That should give us joy. JOY! The Bible tells us that David danced for God in his under garments and said he would become even more undignified than this! This does not portray a negative life of doom and gloom. This is joy! The kind of joy God has been preaching about.

I have written here several times about my confusion with the verse that he came to bring life and to bring it to it's fullest. I couldn't understand that because I didn't feel hardly anything. I was missing the point. Which is?

Life is beautiful. It is a gift. I have finally found what I was looking for, I have life to it's fullest and getting fuller every day!

I have been reading Francis Chan's "Forgotten God" and in it Francis says that his greatest prayer is that God would shine through him and use him in such a huge way that no one ever could see his life as being possible alone. That they would have to concede God by the work done in him.

My biggest prayer is this. I pray that God would light me up, so that I could never even fake it, and God would be glorified without the hindrance of my attitude and foolishness in my life.

Another observation Chan made was that when God places something so strong on a person's heart, the rest of the Church has the tendency to try to tone that person down. To bring them down to their level, maybe so they don't feel so bad for their lack of passion. Don't let them quiet you, do not be toned down. For the rest of the Church, get excited and stop trying to quench the Spirit of God in someone's or your own life.

I realize that over the past few weeks, I may have convinced some of you that I am bi-polar. I am not. I am not known for any ups at all. I do not get manic stages, my wife probably wishes I did, so some things would get done around here, but I don't. This is God. This is all God.












Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

1 comment: