Friday, May 15, 2009

Divorcing The Church

I have the tendency to give up on people and things that are a source of frustration for me. One of these things that cause such frustration is the church. What you get when you mix imperfect people with the perfect Church is an imperfect church community. Being imperfect, the community makes a lot of imperfect decisions, some that just make me want to scratch my head and divorce myself from it.

But let's consider the consequences of negative actions toward your body of believers:
1. Will giving up build up or break down the church?
2. Will giving up help your hurt your own spirit?
3. Is God not in the organized church just as he is in our hearts?
4. If God is present in the organized church, is it fair to say, He governs that church, whether flawed or disobedient?
5. What comes from all negative things?


But what if, we fall in love with righteousness, and justice and realize that people are people wherever you find them in their walk with God and become contagiously involved in a furious attempt at reforming the church?

If we weren't self-righteous and arrogant, could we get some things done? I struggle constantly with cynicism about the Church, how it functions and it's downfalls. But focusing on the downfalls of anyone or anything is wrong, it is tearing down, not building up. God says:
Eph. 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

I catch myself constantly ranting about how things should be, but really have no idea of how things should be or how to get there. It is far more productive for me to, with discernment, think positive, act positive, and try to build up the broken things lying around me. Much like Christ does. It will never end, just as the repairs God does in our lives never end. Accept the imperfection of people, otherwise, we will fail to see our own imperfections, and love the church as Christ does.









Sing.
Migrate.


™Zombiehaven 2008. All ideas and photos are copyrighted under Zombiehaven. Anything used from this site, must have written permission.

5 comments:

  1. The church doesnt need to be reformed... people just need to start reading their bible..and be the church that the bible talks about..

    I mean, no wonder there is so much sin in the church.. we don't follow things like.. publicly address sin issues in front of the congregation..just like the bible says to. not to mention that would warn others and make them want to not sin..

    everything is a mess because of sin..its why we are flawed to being with..and nobody is really reading the word these days, so of course, they dont know how to act it out..

    i mean come on, you got jeremy schossau actually buying sermons.. thats sad, when he could just study the word himself and be the leader god wants him to be on his own.. what have we come to...?!?!?!
    Yeshu help us and be our guide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eph 4:29 is a verse that runs through my head right before I'm about to say something really stupid. Sometimes I shut-up, sometimes I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, for some reason people are wired to try and lead and control stuff. For the most part, they don't look toward Jesus to figure out how that should happen. Therefore, we/they cause problems rather than solve them. In any case, as I said...... U cool doe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left my previous church due to disillusionment. Since then I haven't really been able to dedicate myself to a church, at least one I have found yet. Church shopping is hard. i feel i gave my church the benefit of the doubt enough times, probably one too many because it burnt me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. disillusionment?

    not better than leaving because of holy ghost rally rags

    ReplyDelete